When you have made the decision to buy, using our Legally Prepared conveyancing service for buyers will ensure your Conveyancer is already briefed on your individual requirements and they will already be in a position to act on your behalf – enabling a smoother, quicker purchase*.
Your solicitors will work to ensure they give added credibility to any offer you make, and will be poised to commence legal work for the purchase to help ensure you secure the property you want.
WHY CHOOSE US
Buying and selling property takes knowledge and expertise. We have a panel of conveyancing solicitors who provide a clearly structured, detailed service to help your transaction move as quickly as possible.
OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE
No move no fee guarantee
This means if your sale or purchase falls through before the exchange of contracts for any reason, you will not pay the legal fee.
Fixed legal fees
Our solicitor do not charge by the hour, or as a percentage of the sale or purchase. By charging fixed legal fees you know exactly what you will pay, so you can keep your mind on other matters.
Identify a serious seller
- Solicitors are already appointed
- Saves time when an offer is accepted
- Demonstrates the buyer’s commitment to purchase
Enhanced legal procedures
- Adds credibility to your offer
- Specialist residential Conveyancer assigned
- Developed transaction progression procedures
- Extended business hours – we’re here to help at a time convenient to you
Our service commitment
- Fixed cost ensuring no unforeseen expenses
- ‘No Move, No Fee’ (excluding disbursements) if your sale falls through
- Dedicated personal conveyancing experts
- Legal teams overseen at Director level
- Targeted completion dates
- 24/7 online access to updates
- Choose to receive automatic updates by e-mail or text
KEEP YOU UPDATED
Our solicitor provides the charges quotation before starting the application. We do not hide extra fees in the small print, so you know which fees you have to pay from the start.
We manage how many cases each solicitor takes on to ensure they never get too busy. With fewer cases, each solicitor has more time to devote to their client’s case. This improves customer service, communication and the time it takes to exchange.